Dating royal doulton vases
They were executed in terra cotta with glazed details to the design of Tinworth.
By this time Doulton was popular for stoneware and ceramics, under the artistic direction of John Slater, who worked with figurines, vases, character jugs, and decorative pieces designed by the prolific Leslie Harradine.
Most probably the mark was applied at the time of decoration when each piece would have been handled individually to apply the painted or transfer printed pattern. The well recognised ‘standard’ Doulton mark or backstamp is that including the ‘lion, crown and roundel’ introduced in 1901 and used in various forms to the 1990s.
Some items are now made in the parent company, WWRD Holdings Ltd in Barlaston, south of the Potteries Conurbation.
These brands are now owned by WWRD Holdings Limited (Waterford Crystal, Wedgwood, Royal Doulton), based in Barlaston near Stoke-on-Trent.
On 2 July 2015 the acquisition of WWRD by the Finnish company Fiskars Corporation was completed.
Pearson & Son owned Allied English Potteries and merged operations into Doulton & Co.
All brands from Allied English Potteries and Doulton & Co. including Royal Doulton, Minton, Beswick, Dunn Bennett, Booths, Colclough, Royal Albert, Royal Crown Derby, Paragon, Ridgway, Queen Anne, Royal Adderley and Royal Adderley Floral were moved under the umbrella of Royal Doulton Tableware Ltd.